After presenting to standing room only audiences, we know that attendees to Denver's Startup Week are eager to get tax right.
We're here to help.
Vote now to make sure you get direct access to our thought leaders again this year at Denver Startup Week.
With your vote, we'll be talking about:
1) How NOT to get screwed by the tax cops? (Click the title to vote)
If you don’t think about taxes until your company starts earning revenue, you’ve waited too long. As a startup, avoiding tax trouble and taking advantage of money saving tax activities should be near the top of your to-do list. Join us for a discussion panel with tax experts to discuss how to get started right and activities that tend to raise red flags, including:
- State and local tax considerations
- Startup, operating and home office costs
- Business meals, travel, entertainment and charitable giving
- Compensation and employee expenses
- Taxable income
- Foreign bank account reporting
2) Exit strategies to get the most out of your startup (Click the title to vote)
Entrepreneurs starting, running or growing a business may be looking to get out eventually. And startups looking for angel investors or venture capital need an exit strategy to get investors their return. Whatever your exit goals, tax planning to establish the right foundation now will help you to get the most out of your startup. Join us for a spirited discussion with private equity managers, angel investors and business leaders as we discuss forwardlooking tax strategies and tax pitfalls to avoid as you look to amp up or ramp down your business, including:
- Choosing the right legal entity
- Understanding your tax obligations
- Fortifying tax positions to increase value
- Deducting business expenses
- Taking advantage of tax attributes that transfer to new owners
- Preparing for an IPO
- Knowing when to seek professional tax help
How to vote
Click on the session titles below and vote "thumbs up" for TaxOps' sessions during Denver Startup Week!
About our speakers
Our engaging thought leaders speak the language of business and deliver relevant information on diverse tax topics. Contact us today if you'd like to engage one of our speakers for your event.