Alex Korzhen, JD, on July 17 or September 21 for CPE as he explores the perils and best practices of managing a sales tax audit.
States wield broad powers in pursuing back taxes, penalties and fees for tax noncompliance. Reduce tax risk and avoid the crippling cost of noncompliance by knowing state and local tax obligations and meeting them head-on. Join us to learn tips, tricks and strategies to be proactive in the face of rigorous state and local tax (SALT) enforcement. From initial notice to final negotiations and appeals, you’ll learn best practices for surviving and thriving through a sales and use tax audit.
- Understanding the audit process
- Reducing potential risk prior to an audit
- Managing the audit
- Post-audit strategies and evaluating an appeal
- When to get help
- Know state and local tax obligations, and identify strategies to reduce risk
- Use best practices for managing a sales and use tax audit
In-house or consultants that deal with tax matters, such as VP of Tax or Finance, Directors of Tax, controllers, tax professionals. No prereqisite or advanced preparation.
Two dates to choose from:
July 17, 2018 at 11-1 MT/1-3 ET or September 21, 2018 at 11-1 pm MT/1-3 ET