Our mission is simple; we help staff work less, make more and be more valuable
We have no time sheets, no office hours and no dress code. TaxOps is recognized as a Best Firm to Work For and our CEO Brian Amann is a top ten firm leader and member of the MP Elite through Accounting Today.Our distinctive workplace and culture is focused on one thing -- exceptional results and a great working environment for clients and employees . We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions and the advanced technical and soft skill competence of Our Team.
We believe in maintaining the quality of our work and the quality of our lives. Our demonstrated commitment to staff development and career advancement is attractive to high performing professionals. A broad client base of public and private businesses as well as venture backed and private equity firms provides our team with interesting work across industries. Leading technology and a paperless environment allow for significant workplace flexibility and efficiency.
Work with Us
We look forward to talking with you!
We are seeking an International Tax Manager to help dynamic, multinational companies develop efficient global tax management functions and advise in all aspects of international taxation including the following.
- Corporate and partnership tax planning, compliance, reporting and process improvement
- Inbound and outbound international tax planning, entity structuring, compliance and treaty analysis
- Merger, acquisition and divestiture tax planning and structuring
- Global tax rate and cash tax management
- The international aspects of ASC-740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) Accounting for Income Taxes for U.S.-based multinationals
- Repatriation planning and U.S. foreign tax credit optimization
- Transfer pricing documentation studies and consulting
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable)
- A minimum of 7-years of relevant tax experience in a leading public accounting or tax consulting firm
- CPA certification
- Broad exposure to International income taxation
- Strong FAS 109 / ASC-740 background
- Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Established record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Develop and build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
- Offer leadership, training and direction to others, provide positive performance feedback and ensure team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up-to-date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
- Promote new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of TaxOps methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; and proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services to existing and new clients.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable).
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience in a leading public accounting or tax consulting firm.
- CPA certification.
- Broad exposure to federal and state income taxation.
- Strong FAS 109 / ASC 740 background.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Established record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare tax returns
- Provide tax planning and research
- Prepare and review income tax provisions
- Provide Tax Manager with regular updates on project status
- Work positively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Meet required and scheduled deadlines
- Work in the best interest of the company, clients and professional requirements
- 2-5 years public accounting experience
- Big Four or second tier firm experience highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or working on completion of CPA (earning within 1 year of date of hire)
- Experience with preparation and review of corporate, partnership and S Corp tax returns
- Experience in preparation and review of income tax provision in accordance with ASC-740
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with Excel
All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.
- Collaborate with team to determine methodology for determining qualifying activities, calculating qualifying costs, and obtaining appropriate documentation.Gather financial information and documentation.
- Prepare analysis of qualifying activities, costs and credits.
- Conduct interviews to support claims of qualifying activities as well as ensure that client’s credit is maximized and all necessary documentation is captured.
- Provide Tax Manager with regular updates on project status.
- Work positively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Meet required and scheduled deadlines.
- Work in the best interest of the company, clients and professional requirements.
- 2-5 years public accounting experience or other relevant experience involving technical data analysis.
- Big Four or second tier firm experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA or working on completion of CPA (earning within 1 year of date of hire).
- Experience with preparation of research tax credit studies and other tax project studies.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Proficient with Excel and MSAccess.
- All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.
Positions are available in our Stamford, Connecticut office.