Connie ZoerinkState and Local Tax Director
Connie Zoerink has years of public and private accounting experience specializing in state and local tax (SALT) research, compliance, automation and state tax business consulting. Through her prior roles with large multinational companies, the Big Four, and regional accounting firm experience, Connie has seen and tackled the gamut of state and local tax issues. In her current role, she assists the TaxOps SALT team in vigorously advocating for truth in state tax!
Connie focuses on:
- Comprehensive and simplified nexus studies to understand SALT filing responsibilities
- Assistance with business licensing and registrations
- Analyzes product and service taxability across the country
- SALT due diligence & restructuring
- SALT compliance and reporting
- Sales tax automation
- Voluntary disclosure negotiations and settlements
- SALT Process reviews (her invention!)
In addition, to her experience at Deloitte Tax and a regional accounting firm, she has spent time with Newmont Mining Corporation, TeleTech Holdings, Inc., and Janus Capital Management LLC. Connie is actively involved in tax policy committees across the state of Colorado and is a frequent instructor for various webinars and training sessions, empowering her clients and contemporaries in understanding the vagaries of state and local tax.
Connie is an active CPA in the state of Colorado and a graduate of Colorado State University (Go Rams!), with both a master’s and bachelor’s degree in business administration, emphasis in Taxation. She is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, Colorado Society of CPAs, and the Colorado Tax Audit Coalition.