Stu Myhill is deeply experienced in international tax consulting and compliance and is a leading expert in the field. He actively follows global tax legislative and regulatory developments to make sense of the impact these developments may have on business operations and cross-border transactions. He collaborates with businesses to achieve efficient tax functions, advising companies in all aspects of:
- Corporate and partnership tax planning, compliance, reporting and process improvement;
- Inbound and outbound international tax planning, entity structuring, compliance and treaty analysis;
- Merger, acquisition and divestiture tax planning and structuring;
- Global tax rate and cash tax management;
- The international aspects of ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) Accounting for Income Taxes for U.S.-based multinationals;
- Repatriation planning and U.S. foreign tax credit optimization; and
- Transfer pricing documentation studies and consulting.
Stu has a Master of Accounting with an emphasis in Taxation and Information Systems from Florida State University. He also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas at Austin. Stu is a featured speaker on international topics including foreign tax reporting and compliance, foreign tax credits, and tax-efficient repatriation. He is the four-time recipient of the Star Speaker Award from the Council for International Tax Education. He also teaches for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and both the California and Colorado State Societies of CPAs.