For over 25 years, Allen has been providing business tax and advisory services to corporations and flow-through entities (partnerships, LLCs, S Corps) in all aspects of income taxation. He has significant experience in tax outsourcing, and has successfully represented clients in tax controversy and abatement matters. Allen founded AG Tax and Consulting in Golden, Colorado, which merged with TaxOps in 2019.
Allen is passionate about delivering hands-on, customized tax solutions. This dedication allows him to carefully guide clients through the analysis and planning around critical tax matters. With a background in public accounting and experience running his own firm, Allen understands the pressing issues businesses face along the road to achieving success. He brings this diversified experience, industry-specific knowledge, and transaction sense to each client to help put tax matters right and drive better tax outcomes.
Allen’s wide range of industry experience includes a special interest in real estate ownership and development. He helps position businesses for success from formation to liquidation, including entity selection and exemption elections; operating agreements (capital allocations, waterfall provisions, and ownership economics); and cost segregation analysis for newly constructed, renovated and acquired real estate. Allen teaches real estate taxation for the National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) and has spoken for the Colorado Real Estate Journal.
Previously, Allen was a tax partner at Eide Bailly, where he focused on meeting the tax consulting and compliance needs of middle-market companies.
In his free time, Allen serves as a three-sport coach for his children, motivating players and making sports fun. He is also an active cyclist and competes in amateur events.
- All areas of federal income tax for corporate and flow-through entity taxation (partnerships, LLCs, S corporations, and sole proprietors)
- Tax structure and choice of entity selection
- Formation and liquidation strategies
- Debt restructuring
- Exposure analysis
- Operational tax planning
- ASC-740 provisional analysis and disclosures
- Real estate
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Technology and software
- Auto and heavy equipment dealerships
- Professional services
- University of Denver Graduate Tax Program, Master of Taxation
- Kent State University, B.S. of Business Administration
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant (Colorado)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Committee
- National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP), Membership Committee, Board Member
- Colorado Society of CPAs
- Rotary Club of Golden
- Golden Backpack Program